Social Media and Marketing Intern Job Description
Candidate will collaborate closely with CCE’s experienced professionals and receive valuable guidance in the process. CCE and SDED have a proven track record of helping interns gain real world experience that has better prepared them for obtaining jobs – especially in challenging times and markets.
- Be able to demonstrate deep knowledge of social media platforms and their application.
- Be able to provide recommendations and proof of past social media usage success.
- Understand how social media platforms differ, and key success factors for using.
- Be able to use social media to position two organizations: The Center for Community Energy (CCE) and The San Diego Energy District (SDED).
- Know how to create plans for using social media that will support the marketing strategies and needs of CCE and SDED.
- Be able to track and report on activities and results achieved. Results must demonstrate increased interest in and support for the activities of CCE and SDED.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Be passionate about addressing climate change, especially through decarbonization of the atmosphere.
- Desire the opportunity to collaborate with and learn on the job from experienced professionals with deep knowledge of the energy sector.
- Be able to demonstrate a willingness to collaborate closely with others when required, but also perform as a motivated individual contributor.
- Be comfortable working remotely.
Candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate strong writing and communications skills.
- Be able to select compelling graphical components to attract the interest and following of key target markets, organizations, and individuals.
- Quickly grasp the intricacies and challenges of electric energy production, distribution, regulation and business models.
- Grasp and use language and terminology appropriate to the space.