Public Policy Research Intern
This internship will benefit a student seeking a degree in Public Policy or related area. This intern will assist in the development, planning, and execution of CCE’s strategies, programs and initiatives.
Participating in this internship will teach the Candidate:
- The structure of the CPUC and other regulatory agencies in the CA energy sector and how they work.
- The difference between laws and policy.
- How to access CPUC internal documentation.
- General knowledge of the energy sector.
- Be seeking or already have a degree in Public Policy or related area.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players.
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability.
Candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate aptitude at using public databases.
- Reach out and interact with third parties of important or interest to CCE
- Research public databases of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) for information on critical topics.
- Conduct web research to locate materials of importance to CCE and the work it is doing.
- If or when necessary, interact directly with third parties to gain or evaluate information about existing or planned policy.
- Support work being done by the cross-disciplinary team CCE has created.