Public Policy Research Intern
This internship will benefit a student seeking a degree in Public Policy or related area. This intern will assist in the development, planning, and execution of CCE’s strategies, programs, and initiatives.
Participating in this internship will teach the Candidate:
- The structure of the CPUC and other regulatory agencies in the CA energy sector and how they work.
- The difference between laws and policy.
- How to access CPUC internal documentation.
- General knowledge of the energy sector.
- Be seeking or have a degree in an applicable area. This may include public policy, political science, pre-law, market research, etc.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability.
- Be comfortable working and collaborating virtually.
Candidate should be able to:
- Be able to quickly understand and efficiently research policy-related issues.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members – e.g., electrical engineers, solutions modelers, and economic analysts.