Market Research & Survey Support Intern
This internship can benefit an individual seeking a degree in variety of areas that may include market research, data analysis, marketing communications, and/or sociology. This individual will assist on a project for which CCE has received a Community Enhancement Grant from San Diego County. CCE will be conducting a series of workshops on Energy Efficiency Improvements in Rental Properties which are, on average, 15% less energy efficient than owner occupied homes and a third of renters pay over 6% of their income for their energy bills. SD County’s Decarbonization Framework identifies improvements in energy efficiency in rental properties especially water heaters as a high priority.
To conduct these workshops, CCE needs to understand the attitudes of various constituencies that include renters, landlords, property owners, contractors, and others. Do so will require both in-depth research as well as execution of surveys. Results will guide project execution and will be included in a final report that will be delivered to the County at the conclusion of the project.
- Be seeking or have a degree in an area applicable to this challenge.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability.
- Be comfortable working and collaborating virtually.
Candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of market research, analysis, surveying and report preparation.
- Write well as well as do research efficiently.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members – e.g., electrical engineers, solutions modelers, and economic analysts.