Information Technology Internship with IoT focus
This internship will benefit an individual seeking a degree in IT or who already has a degree and who wants to demonstrate his/her capabilities in the areas of internet-of-things (IoT), networking, and cloud-based solutions. This candidate will assist in the development of a solution for managing Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE), a key component of a solar carport concept that CCE is developing.
- Be seeking or have a degree in software development, information systems, computer science, or related.
- CCE is particularly interested in understanding the emerging protocols involved in EVSE. Candidate must be able to research, understand, and recommend what protocols to use or to avoid.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability.
- Be comfortable working and collaborating virtually.
Candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of the IT, software, and networking required for an IoT solution.
- Be able to efficiently analyze the problem domain, and recommend effective development approaches.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members – e.g., electrical engineers, solutions modelers, and economic analysts.