Fundraising & Accounting Intern Job Description
Candidate will collaborate closely with CCE’s and SDED’s experienced professionals and receive valuable guidance in the process. CCE and SDED have a proven track record of helping interns gain real world experience that has better prepared them for obtaining jobs – especially in challenging times and markets.
- Have or be working on a degree in finance or in business with a focus on finance.
- Recognize the value and challenges of working with non-profits.
- Be able to manage day-to-day, monthly, and annual reporting requirements.
- Be willing to put fundraising and revenue generation above bottom line results in the near term.
- Be willing and able to collaborate with colleagues to identify and pursue funding sources.
- Be disciplined, process oriented, and passionate about accuracy and timely execution.
- Have superior spreadsheet skills.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Familiarity with the Waveapps accounting platform.
- Be passionate about addressing climate change, especially through decarbonization of the atmosphere.
- Desire the opportunity to collaborate with and learn on the job from experienced professionals with deep knowledge of the energy sector and the financial challenges stakeholders face.
- Be able to demonstrate a willingness to collaborate closely with others when required, but also perform as a motivated individual contributor.
- Be comfortable working remotely.
Candidate should be able to:
- Assist two organizations: The Center for Community Energy (CCE) and The San Diego Energy District (SDED). This will require understanding the critical differences between the two organizations.
- Assist with forecasting and tracking revenues and costs for both organizations as well as for specific projects the organizations may undertake.