Financial Analyst Intern
Financial analysis is critical to the work CCE does as it seeks to identify and be able to recommend solutions in areas that include energy efficiency, microgrids, vehicle-to-grid (V2G), vehicle-to-home (V2H) and related areas. This intern must want learn how to dive into areas such and assist the CCE team in understanding the financial value of existing and possible future solutions to energy challenges.
This internship will benefit an individual seeking a degree in areas such as finance, business administration, or engineering, and who would like the opportunity to demonstrate his/her abilities to dive into energy sector numbers and help CCE determine what the numbers tell us about the best options for addressing key energy challenges. This individual will gain deepened insights into the many issues, challenges, and key players involved in electrification, the rollout of electric vehicles and microgrids, the operations of the California Public Utilities Commission, and much more.
- Be seeking or have a degree in an area CCE will deem pertinent to the position.
- Some understanding of California’s energy sector and players, including Community Choice Aggregators.
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability.
- Be comfortable working and collaborating virtually.
Candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of financial analysis challenges.
- Research and uncover needed statistics or analysis available from external sources.
- Collaborate effectively with other CCE team members – e.g., electrical engineers, solutions modelers, and economic analysts.